GPSBabel 1.3.6 released!
Hello, Babel-Heads, and Happy Halloween.
Version 1.3.5 has been great fun. It's been downloaded over 100,000 times since its release in May. But it's time to bid it farewell and move on to 1.3.6.
This is an evolutionary release that adds support for several new GPS types, adds features, and of course, fixes problems.
While there's a mind-numbing list of fixes available (and an even more comprehensive list of changes in the source tree since we ARE an open source project...) here's a list of highlights.
- Support for Holux M241 GPS and files.
- Added Iblue747.
- Added support for Igo8.
- Added support for VidaOne version 2.
- Add Navigon Wpt format.
- Add Medion GoPal.
- Add Humminbird format.
- Add Lowrance .usr version 3 support.
- Add Mapasia tr7.
- Add Google Navigator.
- Add Navitel.
- Add Geogrid Viewer.
- Add iGO2008 POI support.
- Add Jelbert GeoTagger format.
- Add Skyforce support.
- Add SBP format for LocoSys GPS.
- Add Memory-Map Navigator Overlay support.
- The garmin format will try to detect if the device isn't really a Garmin protocol device but is instead actually a mass storage device that reads and writes GPX and will synthesize filenames on a write and use the device-specific files on read.
- Discard feature can now toss points with no or unknown fix.
- NMEA reader now can read AMOD 3080GL waypoints.
- Garmin Training Center now does lap splitting, can now read.
- Added the height filter.
- AN1->KML conversions now preserve line colors.
- Doc improvements.
- Route reversal can reverse tracks, too.
- Magellan geocache files can now be read.
- Workaround for Garmin Venture HC weirdness on Mac and Linux.
- Entity encoding problem in Google Earth KML writer for Geocaches.
- Fix NMEA writer bug that caused everthing to be a GISTeq file.
- Fix writing waypoint names under 6 characters to old serial Garmins.
- Several improvements to Navilink.
Supporting the Project
We have an endless demand of time and equipment. If you find GPSBabel useful, please support it.
GPSBabel 1.3.6 is available for download now.